EYFS staff use Development Matters (2021) and the Oak Academy Materials to structure their curriculum. Broad links are then shown on the Trees of Learning as an overview for parents to see coverage and how learning it built upon.
This planning framework links to the Statutory Framework for the EYFS. All areas of learning and development and their respective aspects as well as the three characteristics of effective teaching and learning form the basis of the curriculum
The Oak Academy materials support our overall curriculum long term planning. It ensures:
• Links to the Statutory Framework for EYFS early learning goals.
• An overview of the skills, knowledge and concepts (key learning) relevant to the aspect of learning and development.
• An overview of opportunities and experiences which should be provided to support the development of key learning (skills, knowledge and concepts) specific to the aspect.
• Sample activities to promote the development of key learning relevant to the aspect. The activities provided are only a suggestion of a few ideas to support each area of learning.
• Suggestions of possible resources, materials and websites to support each area of learning/aspect.
• Vocabulary – sample of appropriate and relevant vocabulary.
• Adult directed learning is challenging and promotes progress through securing children's knowledge.
We also use specific schemes as an overall framework for subject areas:
Read Write Inc: Reading and Phonics
White Rose: Maths mastery
Amaven for PE: This includes home access for parents to see children's progress and assessments
Discovery RE: Religious Education
Purple Mash: Computing